Kegerators are refrigerators designed to reserve and dispense kegs. They are a mix of a barrel and a refrigerator. They keep the keg in refrigeration and use carbon dioxide to pressurize and dispense it. Kegerators keep the contents fresh for a long period of time. They are suitable for both commercials as well as residential use.
Nowadays, a mini-fridge for kegerator is economically beneficial and thus a popular choice among many. They help in dispensing kombucha, draft beer, cold brew coffee, and wine with certain modifications. The following is a list of some best-reviewed mini-fridges for kegerator 2023.
Top-Rated Mini Fridge Kegerators: Unveiling the Best Options
1. EdgeStar Kegerator
Edgestar Full Size Kegerator and Keg Beer Cooler is a value-priced kegerator with a beer cooler of ultra-low temperature. It can be set up anywhere in a home or a commercial area. This mini-fridge for kegerator has high-quality beer components, a Domestic ‘D’ coupler, and a carbon dioxide regulator. It also contains a stainless steel draft tower faucet along with a gas and a beer line.
2. Kegco Keg Dispenser
Kegco K309 is a full-service mini fridge for kegerator which can accommodate kegs of any size. It can keep the beer at the right temperature for a long period and includes a digital temperature display for better control. It is easy to clean and has a removable drip tray. It also has rolling casters for movement and a chrome guard rail to rest the mugs and glasses.
3. Nostalgia Kegerator: Draft Beer Dispenser
With a capacity of 5.1 cubic feet, Nostalgia KRS210 weighs 95.6 pounds. It has a tank that fills carbon dioxide along with a double-meter regulator. It also includes a drip tray of stainless steel and a grand wire shelf. The thermostat is adjustable as per requirements.
It has a 13 inches long chrome beer tap along with a spring-loaded tap. This makes the process of pulling and dispensing easy. It can hold keg sizes that are ½ barrel, ¼ barrel, and ⅙ barrel.
4. SPT BD Mini Kegerator and Dispenser
SPT BD is a mini-fridge for kegerator that contains three carbon dioxide cartridges. These cartridges help in controlling carbon dioxide pressure. It weighs 13.83 pounds and has a capacity of 0.17 cubic feet. It is made of stainless steel and can hold 5-liter kegs.
5. RCA IGLOO Mini Fridge for Kegerator
RCA Igloo 3.2 is a mini-fridge for kegerator with sleek and modern refrigeration technology. Its sleek style helps it in blending with its surroundings. It has a total capacity of 3.2 cubic feet. It also consists of a built-in van dispenser and a reversible door.
The product is quite sustainable as well as attractive. It has many storage options and weighs 45 pounds.
6. EdgeStar Craft Brew Kegerator
EdgeStar Craft Brew Kegerator can easily fit into places due to its compact size. It consists of a carbon dioxide tank and can hold 1/6th barrel keg. It also has an internal circulation fan. The temperature in this product can be as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit and yet the beer will never freeze. This kegerator also consists of a steel faucet and a circulation fan.
How To Choose the Best One
When it comes to purchasing a mini fridge kegerator, there are a few important factors to consider. These factors will help you find the right product that meets your needs and preferences.
- Size and Capacity: The first factor to consider is the size and capacity of the mini fridge kegerator. You need to make sure that the product you choose can accommodate the size of the keg you plan to use. Additionally, you should also consider the available space in your home or business where you plan to keep the kegerator. Make sure that the product fits well in the designated space and does not take up too much room.
- Temperature Control: Temperature control is a critical factor to consider when purchasing a mini fridge kegerator. Make sure that the kegerator has a reliable temperature control system that can maintain the ideal temperature for your beverage. The ideal temperature for beer is between 34 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit, while other beverages may require different temperature ranges.
- Cooling System: The cooling system is an important factor to consider when purchasing a mini fridge kegerator. Some kegerators use compressor-based cooling systems, while others use thermoelectric cooling systems. Compressor-based cooling systems are more powerful and effective, but they also tend to be more expensive. Thermoelectric cooling systems are less expensive, but they are not as effective in cooling the beverage.
- Dispensing System: Another important factor to consider is the dispensing system of the kegerator. Some kegerators use a single-tap dispensing system, while others use a dual-tap dispensing system. Additionally, some kegerators may also have a built-in CO2 system, while others require an external CO2 system. Make sure that the dispensing system meets your needs and preferences.
- Brand and Price: Brand and price are also important factors to consider when purchasing a mini fridge kegerator. It is important to choose a reputable brand that is known for producing high-quality products. Additionally, you should also consider the price of the kegerator and make sure that it fits within your budget.
- Additional Features: Finally, you should also consider any additional features that the kegerator may have. For example, some kegerators may have built-in lights, digital displays, or adjustable shelves. Make sure that these additional features meet your needs and preferences.
By considering these factors, you can find the right mini fridge kegerator that meets your needs and preferences.
What is a kegerator?
A kegerator is a refrigerated unit designed to store and dispense kegs of beer or other beverages. It uses carbon dioxide to pressurize the keg and keep the contents fresh for an extended period of time.
Can a kegerator be used for beverages other than beer?
Yes, kegerators can be used to dispense other beverages such as cold brew coffee, kombucha, and wine with certain modifications.
What size keg can a kegerator hold?
The size of keg that a kegerator can hold depends on the specific model. Some kegerators are designed to accommodate only specific keg sizes, while others can hold kegs of various sizes.
What is the ideal temperature for storing and dispensing beer from a kegerator?
The ideal temperature for storing and dispensing beer from a kegerator is between 38-40°F (3-4°C). This temperature range helps to maintain the freshness and flavor of the beer.
How do I clean and maintain my kegerator?
To clean your kegerator, first, disconnect the keg and remove all components that come in contact with the beer. Clean these components with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Use a specialized cleaning solution to clean the beer lines and other interior components of the kegerator. It is also important to regularly check the pressure and temperature settings and to replace any worn-out components.
Can I convert a regular refrigerator into a kegerator?
Yes, it is possible to convert a regular refrigerator into a kegerator using conversion kits available in the market. However, it is important to ensure that the refrigerator has enough space to accommodate the keg and all the necessary components.
Do kegerators come with a warranty?
Yes, most kegerators come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects and other issues. The warranty period and coverage may vary depending on the manufacturer and model.
Can a kegerator be used for commercial purposes?
Yes, kegerators can be used for both residential and commercial purposes. However, it is important to ensure that the kegerator meets the necessary regulations and standards for commercial use.
There was a time when barrels were made of brew and opened with force while a larger portion would spill out. With the invention of a mini-fridge for a kegerator, large amounts of drinks can be stored and protected.
This article contains all the updated information on the best-reviewed kegerators and can help the reader in choosing the one best for them.