Targeting the middle-class band of buyers, Delta, the premium institution for producing faucets has brought forth its new Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST. The best feature of this product is that – it has a MagnaTite docking system that makes it most wanted in the current market.
Backed by the Lifetime Limited Warranty of Delta, the Diamond Seal technology helps in reducing leakage points as well as easing the hassles associated with the installation of this product.
About Delta Faucet:
Ideally known as the ‘teapot’ design, this Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST is a perfect eye-catcher. With an option to choose between stream and spray modes, the spout, in this case, rotates to a complete 360 degree. Additionally, the diamond seal technology helps in coating the upper end of these faucets with diamond pieces to prevent water leakage.
Specifications of Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST
- The MagnaTite docking system for holding the spray in place
- Integrated InnoFlex PEX supply lines are present
- Water flow rate – 1.8 gallons per minute
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 12 x 9.2 inches
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Hose length: 59 inches
- Style: Ceramic disc cartridge, pull-down
- Installation: Single hole (minimum 1.375 inches)
- Material: Brass with nylon braid hose
- 5 inches minimum clearance to backsplash
- IAPMO Certified/ADA/ CSA certified
Positives of this faucet
There are some of the major points that you cannot miss:
1. Touch –clean facility
This is the most important features of this faucet wherein, the rubber touch-screen spray holes allow the usual calcium lime build up to be removed easily.
2. Diamond seal technology
In this format, the valve is covered by a diamond coating which helps the faucet to be used multiple times and reduces leakage.
3. Triple finish
This is one faucet that has chrome, Venetian bronze as well as arctic stainless finish. Associated with that is in certain cases Spot Shield stainless finish.
4. MagnaTite docking system
This helps in keeping the docking of the faucet in a particular space with chances of reversing as per the user’s wish. There is a powerful integrated magnet that will help in fixating the place.
In spite of the additional coating and reflex technology, there is just one point where the company should have concentrated. This faucet has a hose that is nylon braided. Therefore, the plastic connector that is at the end of this faucet has a chance of breaking. So the buyer should be a bit more careful. Also, the price range though affordable.
As per the latest news available in the context of this product, the customers appreciate the diamond seal technique of this faucet. With its 2 extra proprietary features and 3 special finishing that is not to be found in any other faucet, this is surely a priced buy for many.
For most of the customers looking for a technically updated faucet for their kitchen, this is the option to check out. The MagnaTite docking system is an instant hit among the customers.
If you are in the market for Nickel Lead Free Kitchen Faucet, then check out the highly rated Shacos Nickel Lead Free Kitchen Faucet which you may consider buying.
Maintenance and Cleaning Tips
Proper maintenance and regular cleaning are essential for ensuring the longevity and optimal performance of your Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST. Here are some tips to help you maintain and clean your faucet effectively:
- Regular Cleaning: Clean your faucet regularly to prevent the buildup of dirt, grime, and mineral deposits. Use a soft cloth or sponge and mild soap or non-abrasive cleaner to wipe the surface of the faucet. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the finish.
- Removing Mineral Deposits: Over time, mineral deposits may accumulate on the aerator or spray head, affecting the water flow. To remove these deposits, unscrew the aerator or spray head and soak it in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for about 15-20 minutes. Then, scrub it gently with a soft brush and rinse thoroughly before reattaching it to the faucet.
- Avoiding Scratches: To prevent scratches on the faucet’s finish, avoid using abrasive sponges or scouring pads during cleaning. Opt for soft cloths or sponges instead. Also, refrain from placing sharp or abrasive objects on the faucet surface.
- Protecting the Finish: The Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST has a durable finish, but it’s still important to handle it with care. Avoid using harsh chemicals, acidic or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the finish. Instead, use mild soap and water for routine cleaning.
- Checking for Leaks: Periodically check for any leaks or dripping from the faucet. If you notice any leaks, address them promptly to prevent water wastage and potential damage. Tighten any loose connections or contact Delta’s customer support for assistance.
- Maintenance of the Sprayer Hose: Ensure the sprayer hose retracts properly after use. If you notice any issues with the retractable mechanism, it may require cleaning or lubrication. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or contact Delta’s customer support for guidance.
- Avoiding Excessive Force: While operating the faucet handle or sprayer, avoid using excessive force. Delta faucets are designed to operate smoothly, and excessive force may cause damage to the internal components.
- Periodic Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the faucet’s components, including the handle, connections, and hoses. Look for any signs of wear, loose parts, or leaks. If you notice any issues, address them promptly to prevent further damage.
How often should I clean my Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST?
It is recommended to clean your faucet regularly to prevent the buildup of dirt and mineral deposits. Cleaning once every 1-2 weeks should be sufficient for maintaining its cleanliness.
Can I use abrasive cleaners to clean the faucet?
No, it is not recommended to use abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals on the faucet’s surface. These can damage the finish. Instead, use mild soap or non-abrasive cleaners with a soft cloth or sponge.
How do I remove mineral deposits from the aerator or spray head?
To remove mineral deposits, unscrew the aerator or spray head and soak it in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for 15-20 minutes. Then, gently scrub with a soft brush and rinse thoroughly before reattaching it.
Can I use a scouring pad or abrasive sponge to clean the faucet?
It is best to avoid using scouring pads or abrasive sponges as they can scratch the faucet’s finish. Opt for soft cloths or sponges to clean the surface gently.
How should I protect the faucet’s finish?
To protect the finish, avoid using harsh chemicals, acidic cleaners, or abrasive materials. Stick to mild soap and water for routine cleaning. Be careful not to place sharp or abrasive objects on the faucet’s surface.
How do I check for leaks in the faucet?
Periodically inspect the faucet for any leaks or dripping. Check the connections and tighten any loose fittings. If you notice persistent leaks, contact Delta’s customer support for assistance.
How should I maintain the sprayer hose?
Ensure that the sprayer hose retracts properly after use. If you experience any issues with the retractable mechanism, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or contact Delta’s customer support for guidance.
Can excessive force damage the faucet?
Yes, it is important to avoid using excessive force when operating the faucet handle or sprayer. Delta faucets are designed to operate smoothly, and using excessive force may cause damage to the internal components.
In conclusion, the Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST offers a range of features and benefits that make it an attractive choice for middle-class buyers. The MagnaTite docking system, Diamond Seal technology, and triple finish options are among the standout features of this faucet. Customers appreciate the touch-clean facility, which makes it easy to remove calcium and lime build-up. While there is room for improvement in terms of the durability of the nylon braided hose and the price range, overall, this faucet has received positive market feedback.